When you watch little kids and you see how much they learn in such a short time, it is amazing. Then I think how I am in my 36th year of existence and what are the big things I have learned in all that time?
In no particular order I think these are some of them:
* Even if you make it to the top of your chosen field you have to acknowledge luck had a part to play and there is more than likely to be someone, who may even be better, but has just not had the same opportunities as you, or in short - life is unfair.
* Success does not lead to happiness and contentment, it just makes you hungry for more, so at least remember to stop and enjoy success when it happens.
* Be thankful for what you have and who you are.
* Sometimes going through the worst things teaches you the most.
* It is impossible to live like there may be no tomorrow - it is just too tiring and stressful.
* The future is not always better than the past, sometimes it is just different - so enjoy it now.
* The more you know, the more you realise you don't know.
* People you look up to, are just people too and make mistakes.
* People everywhere are generally nice.
* You do just remember the good bits.
* The assumptions I carry around in my head can often be wrong.
The Crypto Crash
5 hours ago